Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Week 20 update

First pregnancy picture.  I never think I look pregnant enough to pose for a picture until about this point and even now I had to shape my shirt around my belly to make it look right.  Half way through!

The big news this update is that the sonogram went really well and everything looks good.  We saw *very* clearly that we are indeed having a boy and his heart, spine, legs, feet, head, and all look good.  Lydia ended up coming with us to the sonogram and so she got to see her little brother. We're all getting more excited but it does seem like a long way to go.

Two weeks ago I was getting a little nervous because I wasn't feeling the baby move that much.  I had felt him move here and there but I felt by this point I should be getting a daily reminder that he's there.  I actually prayed to feel him move more.  God answers abundantly!   I've been feeling the baby move pretty much at least 3 times a day ever since I prayed that.  Thank you God!  It's great to get to that point now.

Of course it's also the point where I'm starting to feel more uncomfortable.  Sciatic nerve pain and stiffness after sitting is the worst of it so it's not too bad.  The doctor said "walking is your friend" so I need to keep moving more.

I think I've lost that 2nd trimester energy burst that I had felt the past few weeks.  Staying up late at the women's retreat didn't help and so maybe I'm just catching up from that but I've been having to go to bed early the last few nights.  Unfortunately that cuts into my study time so I'm hoping I can catch up soon.

Made the facebook announcement so I think everyone knows now.    

No comments: