Sunday, May 13, 2007

Where have I been?

Wow, sorry for not updating for so long. I'll try to explain what we've been up to and why I haven't updated this blog lately by listing things in bullets - a style I'm borrowing from Nancy. I'll be posting pictures of most all these things soon.
  • With the weather getting warmer we've been going for more walks in the evenings and on Saturdays.
  • Dylan and I are taking a music class with Kathryn. This Wednesday is our last of 6 classes..:(
  • My parents and sister and nephew were here visiting for a few days.
  • Dylan starting eating cereal! He's had rice cereal, oatmeal, and barley so far and he's doing great with it. We're up to twice a day. Looking forward to starting yellow veggies next week.
  • Dylan had his 6 month check up and shots two weeks ago. He weighed in at 13 lbs 11oz (5 percentile), was 24.5 inches long (10 percentile) and his head circumference was in the 50th percentile. The doctor continued to comment on how strong and alert Dylan is. He wasn't concerned about the weighted. He said Dylan is just burning a ton of calories because he is so active. Bushra and the folks in the nursery at church keep commenting on how active he is.
  • I couldn't believe that Dylan didn't even weigh 14 lbs yet so I also took him to the support group that day. He weighed the same there and I weighed him before and after feeding him and figured out that he got 4 oz. I was starting to feed him less often since I thought he was getting more each time but since then I'm trying to get back to an every three hour nursing schedule. That's in addition to the cereal. I was going to use water to mix the cereal because I was burning through my stockpile of milk, but I decided to continue to mix the cereal with breastmilk to give Dylan more calories. I bought a handpump to just pump a little at a time for the cereal.
  • We've had three busy weekends in a row. One Saturday we went to the White House on a PALS trip with the STEPdc kids. Then from there we went to a party at the home of one of Martin's co-workers. And then the next day we went to visit Nancy and Duncan. The following weekend we traveled to Nashville for the wedding of one of Martin's college roommates. We stayed with John and Kelly who used to live in DC and got to tour Nashville some before the wedding, including seeing the Country Music Hall of Fame. From there, we went to Black Mountain, NC to see Martin's brother, sister-in-law Kelly, and our nephews Savva and Jeremiah (check out their stained glass business). We stayed with our friend Kelli who used to work at our church and now works for the Leavening Agency. We also saw our friends the Fooses. Yes, we know 8 people who live in Black Mountain, NC and yes, we saw 3 Kelly/i's last weekend. This weekend, we spent all day Saturday at the wedding of a friend of mine from W&J. She got married in her hometown of Newville, PA which was only about a two hour drive from our place. Dylan did great traveling and being on the go with his active parents.
  • I've been spending some time preparing for my friend Patricia's baby shower which is this coming Saturday. She is the fourth gal in our Bible Study to have a baby boy within the last year. She is due at the end of June.
  • Snapfish was having a free shipping deal so I spent a lot of time uploading all the pictures that I hadn't printed out yet and ordered them. I got over 300 pictures.
  • We've finally been able to do some shopping and do some errands that were piling up. We used our Walmart gift cards from the shower, starting looking at sofa beds, got the oil changed in both cars, shopped for wedding presents, both Martin and I went to the eye doctor, and we got our rings inspected and cleaned. We made this trips fun by also going out to eat those nights.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Thanks for the update. You all HAVE been super busy! My goodness!! Hope you had a great first Mother's Day since Dylan was born!!