Last night my dad commented that I'm always saying how great Dylan does at things like plane rides and long car rides and hikes - things that allow Mommy and Daddy to still get out and do things. Dylan rarely cries and he's really friendly (that fear of strangers and separation anxiety never really set in) and easy-going, not much bothers him. So one might think from reading my blog that we have the perfect kid....well, lest you start envying the E's too much, let me tell you that Dylan, at 9 months, still does not sleep through the night. For a while there, he was sleeping through the night maybe 3 times a week. But then he wasn't
STTN at all and last week he got a cold and starting waking up twice(!) during the night. Last night he was back to his waking up once around 4am. I think he wakes up because he's hungry and I'm not sure there's much I can do because I think his stomach is just still too small. One thing I might try is waking him at 10pm before I go to sleep to feed him so that he might make it through the night. Although, being up for 20 minutes at 4am hasn't been much of a hardship on me so that's why I haven't complained about it or really tried to do anything about it. Dylan sleeps for 12 hours at night. I've actually had a harder time with his naps. He takes 2-3 HALF hour naps a day or one, one-hour nap. Sometimes I just have to keep him in his crib longer (for quiet time) so I can get some work done. He usually wakes up refreshed so I'm not sure there's much I can do about the naps. I'm open to suggestions.
When Dylan is sleeping, he's been sleeping in some funny poses. Here are a few of them:


Notice the knees tucked up under the bottom...


Dylan likes the corners and sides of his crib.
No comments:
Post a Comment