I was tagged by Nancy.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Gift bags because they are recyclable although I will do paper when I run out or when the gift bags I have won't work with the shape and size of the gift.
2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial. And this year it's a small artificial since the big tree with a 13 month old in our little condo seemed totally unworkable. So I got a small tree for $3.75 at Michaels and its on a tv tray table inside the supergate in front our our fireplace.
3. When do you put up the tree?
First weekend in Dec.
4. When do you take the tree down?
First or second weekend in January depending on the date those weekends fall. I like to keep it up for Russian/Orthodox Christmas but might take it down before that depending on my schedule that year.
5. Do you like eggnog?
Yes, in small doses.
6. Favorite gift received as a child?
The thing that comes to mind is an electronic keyboard (piano).
7. Do you have a nativity scene?
Only in a tree ornament. My husband had one that he kept up all year in the Maple Ave. bachelor house but I think it got lost in the move. It was probably still at the MAMC until the great purge of 2005.
8. Hardest person to buy for?
My husband. He doesn't want anything, at least anything that's not uber expensive.
9. Easiest person to buy for?
My mother-in-law.
10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
Leopard print slip on shoes. My mom wanted to get me the shoes but those where the only ones they had in my size. She really wanted to buy them because they were $2. I think she took them back.
11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail.
12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Not sure if this is a movie but it's the yogi bear christmas special.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
In the late fall.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
Yes. I even brought a gift that I had gotten early to a white elephant gift exchange that same year. Hey, the gift got stolen once so someone who actually wanted it got it.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas?
Peanut M&Ms.
16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Definitely clear. I think colored lights are tacky. That said I have colored lights (the M&M lights) on the small tree this year.
17. Favorite Christmas song?
Joy to the World.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home
Travel. This year to Florida.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yep.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
Neither. A big bow.
21. Open gifts Christmas Eve or morning?
Christmas morning.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
The whole merry christmas/seasons greetings/happy holidays thing. Every thing about it - that people don't say merry christmas, that others get insanely upset at stores that don't say merry christmas, that you have to worry about what you say to what people, etc.
23. What I love most about Christmas?
Finding the perfect gift for people and them recognizing how thoughtful it was. Yeah, that's not the Sunday School answer. Maybe someday my heart will be in line with the Sunday School answer.
Okay, I tag Catherine, Christine, Amy, Cara, and Martin.
3 comments:
Yay! Thanks for doing it! I'm curious--do you only eat peanut M&Ms at Christmastime? Or are they your favorite thing to eat period, throughout the entire year?
I love them all year round but I seem to get to eat them more at Christmas. I don't buy them for myself so I only eat them when they are offered at parties and such which typically is at Christmas.
ok, so just checked your blog for the first time in a while. saw the tag on the christmas questionaire. oops! i need to get on that. i'm glad you prefer the real mail christmas cards! it's one of the things I'm looking forward to doing when the semester ends! -christine
Post a Comment