Nap time is all over the map though. Sometimes that's a good thing because I can move his naps according to my schedule. Dylan has been sleeping for a longer time period. He actually takes 2 hours naps now! Sometimes even more! For a while he wasn't going down for his morning until late in the morning (which pushed back his afternoon nap til almost dinnertime and too close to bedtime and some days he wouldn't take an afternoon nap) so on Monday I tried to skip the morning nap and just give him an afternoon nap. Well, he about fell asleep in the high chair at lunch and then when I tried to get him to go to sleep it took an hour (I think I missed the window). So now my strategy is to stick with the late morning and late afternoon naps and work dinner and bedtime around that.
Dylan got his 8th tooth over Thanksgiving. Now he's even on top and bottom.
I'm still nursing. I don't have a strategy on this. Dylan takes milk when I'm at work fine. I nurse him when I'm at home (mornings, nights, and naptimes or attempts at naptimes when I'm not at work so 2 to sometimes up to 5 times a day.) I thought with this schedule that my supply would go down to nothing but it hasn't. I still pump once a day the two days I'm at work and I consistently get about 3-4 ounces. So I figure that's what I'm producing each time Dylan nurses too. Dylan eats a lot of yogurt and loves cheese so I'm confident he's getting the calcium so I'm not worried about him not drinking more cow's milk. And I don't mind nursing on this schedule...I minded the pumping though. I think Dylan is less cranky when he nurses and he's much easier to get to sleep that way. So my only concerns are....1)if I keep going with this is it going to be harder for me to wean when I want to and 2) Dylan not sleeping at day care because he's only used to being nursed to sleep. But with 1) it would be hard now to stop completely because it would harder to get Dylan to nap and he might be crankier and 2) not napping at day care doesn't seem to affect him too much. Actually, I think she is usually able to get him to take an afternoon nap around one but I think it's usually just a cat nap. So, I guess now that I've put all my thoughts down my strategy is to keep going like we are for now. Oh, and there were two nights in a row last week when Martin put Dylan to bed without me so I know he can fall asleep on his own at least at night.
Dylan is babbling a lot. He says mama and dada but it's hard to know if he's just making sounds our saying our names. It another one of those anti-climatic "firsts." What that it? Does that count? Last night Dylan said "ah-da" and kinda did the sign for Daddy and was looking at Martin so I think that counts. Which bring me to his "signing update." Dylan's signing really took off at one year. He got "eat" down really quickly. See video:
He also signs for "more" and "all done." We're working on "milk," "mommy," "daddy," "hurt," "diaper change," "drink," "bed," and "(teddy) bear" now. It's so much fun now that he's getting them. He gets them so quickly.
Dylan has been eating a lot lately so I'm wondering if he's going through a growth spurt. It would be nice to be able to turn the car seat around before our big trek to Florida but I'm not going to push it.
No comments:
Post a Comment