Speaking of scheduling, I think Dylan has inherited his mother's calendar-driven frame of mind. Dylan always wants to know what we are doing today. He recently told his preschool teacher that his favorite thing to do at preschool is the schedule. (The teacher goes over the day's schedule with the kids each morning - they put the events in order on the feltboard). In light of this, I made Dylan a weekly picture calendar of his own with the days of the week and symbols for the different things we do on those days. It fell apart though so I have to redo it. When I do, I'll post a pic.
The kids seem excited about the baby. They get near my belly and say "hi baby" and whenever one of them is sitting on my lap the other says, "(watch) don't hurt (the) baby." They haven't connected my morning sickness with the baby yet and I've been careful not to tell them that the baby is making me sick. But I think if I did, they still wouldn't feel bad for me, they'd probably still side with the baby. I've showed them what the baby looks like from the development pictures on babycenter.com. They haven't asked too many questions even though we've been pretty open about the whole thing. We've told them they will get bunk beds and Dylan seems excited about that.
The art class really helped Lydia learn her colors and she is getting her shapes and letters too. We've tried to incentize Dylan to learn to count to 100 (he's currently stuck on 13) by telling him we'll get a wii if he can do it. So maybe by Christmas.
Dylan and I go back to camp in 3 weeks. Can't wait. Lydia will hang out with Grandma and Grandpap and her cousins that week. Then we will all go to Kennywood together!
Lydia's language abilities have taken off so well that she can now bicker with her brother (yea). Here are some things heard at the dinner table:
D: I'm right and you're wrong. L: No, I right, you wrong. (Repeat about 532 times.)
D: It's lunch time. L: No, it dinner time. (Repeat.)
D: Ewww, vegetables. L: No say eww dylwin.
No comments:
Post a Comment