Friday, September 06, 2013

Last Day

Today's my last day at the FDIC.  Lots of mixed emotions.  I'm definitely happy and excited and a number of people have told me how happy I look.  I'm also nervous and a little sad.  Sad to be saying goodbye to my co-workers and my projects.  Nervous about future decisions and being able to get a job again.  I'm been trying to firm up some connections and opportunities before I go so that has me thinking about the future and that brings the anxiety.  So I have new opportunities to trust God with the future. 

It's also hard to leave the stuff I've worked on for so many years.  Some of my research never amounted to much policy-wise and tossing so many papers acknowledges that.  But I did pass on a lot of my files to my co-worker, in case the issues ever come up again.  I have some of those "did it really matter?" feelings. 

One of my co-workers said I looked like I just graduated high school.  A clear plate and nothing but the future to gaze upon.  But of course life still goes on and in the mist of this monumental day I'm also dealing with car repairs and schedules and phone calls for this and that.  So that makes it a little less anti-climatic. 

But next week when I don't have to into work or put in my hours on my computer at home I'll be thankful for the freedom and the time to spend with the kids and Martin.  Right now it's still sinking in and I'm not enjoying the benefits yet, like the whole new slower rhythm of life.  Can't wait!

No comments: