I found out today (November 6th, our anniversary) that I'm pregnant with our fourth child. Yea!!! So excited. Happy anniversary to us! Sweet November!
You won't be reading this until January because we decided not to tell the kids until Christmas. Well, we decide not to tell our families until Christmas and you can't tell a 7 year old and 4 year old a secret.
This is the first time I've really felt the profoundness of the decision we made to have a child. Dylan wasn't planned and the decisions to have Lydia and Joshua were just sort of what came next. This time we had to think hard about whether we wanted another child. God is sovereign but I still I felt the weight of the decision in the sense that we would be changing the course of our lives forever. That's exciting and weighty to me.
So the due date is July 16th and since all the rest of our kids were born within a day of a holiday and were early I'm expecting this little on on July 5th. God's timing is great. The big kids will be out of school and done with most of their activities for the summer and I won't have too much on my plate with school stuff. I'm taking classes in the spring semester but they will be done in early May. Still hoping to go to Moms and Tots at Pine Springs Camp in early/mid June but that might be pushing it. And of course I couldn't go through a pregnancy with how it affects my work schedule so I'm hoping that the contract work I was hoping to do with the FDIC is still doable. It is nice to not be working and not have that stress of going to work with morning sickness or telling the boss. Also, having done this before a few times, it's nice to be able to just focus on praying for my child and dreaming about having a newborn rather than the other concerns that I thought about the other times (like what can/can't I do/eat/etc, planning, shopping, and work issues).
I'm exciting about bringing a baby home to this house. THEN it will be our house.
Another thing I'm excited about is that I think having another child after losing one is going to give me more opportunities to talk about Joshua which I love. People tend to ask pregnant women more questions about their families (what number is this? how were your other pregnancies? etc.) so I'll get opportunities to honor my third child as well and be excited for the new baby. And at church the announcement will say "expecting their fourth child."
I'm excited that Lydia will be home with me on Fridays next school year (K is only 4 days a week at their school) so I can get those special times of me taking care the baby and she helping or mimicking me by caring for her dolls.
And I get to finish the LHOTP series! I read the first 3 books to Dylan and the second 3 books to Lydia so I need to finish the last 3. And I'm excited to have a baby close in age to some friends who have had babies recently.
I'm also excited for the challenge of caring for a newborn and having two school-aged kids with all their running around and activities. Given the high priority I place on breastfeeding and sleep (for the child) this is certainly a challenge.
Going to try to keep up with the blogging every week or every other week throughout the pregnancy.
No comments:
Post a Comment