Wednesday, November 20, 2013

Week 6 update

Today, November 20th, I had my first doctor's appointment.  I met with the PA and really liked her.  She knew my chart and I didn't have to repeat sad details that she should have known because she was on top of it.

I'm not having too much anxiety about the pregnancy which is good.  I'm a lot healthier than I was going in last time for what that's worth.  But at first I was going to snub all the "rules" (within reason) like no alcohol, no hot tub, no soft cheese, but then that cause some anxious feelings so I'm going to stick to the rules... : )

I still won't have a amnio or a CVS test but there are some blood screens that I could have and it would be nice to get some good results from those before we start telling more people.  I found out more about a new non-evasive genetic blood screen (but it's pretty close to a test) at the appointment today.  They take the mom's blood and can separate out the baby's genetic material to determine if there are any genetic disorders.  With my risk factors (age and previous genetic issue) the insurance should pay for it.  It can be done as early as 9 weeks and it takes 1 week to get the results so it looks like we'll be able to know right before Christmas.  Assuming good results, we'll tell our families and the kids on Christmas.  

I'll go back to the doctor in 2 weeks for an ultrasound.  At this ultrasound, Joshua was measuring really small already (10 or so days behind) so for us, if this baby is measuring on time, we will take that as a very good sign,

I think I started to having a little bit of morning sickness on Saturday.  It started just before and after lunch.  I think I waited too long to eat and then had maybe too much at once.  I remember that happening before.  I felt sick if I didn't eat but then I also felt sick if I did eat.  Need to remember small and frequent meals.  I'm also starting feeling tired earlier than usually (6,7,8 pm instead of 9 or 10 pm).

I've been keeping up with my exercising that I've been doing since I quit work.  Aerobics with some weights twice a week and then swimming once a week.  Hoping to keep that up as long as possible.

No comments: