The Lord gave us so many blessings in the events surrounding Joshua’s birth. First, since I went into labor on Thanksgiving, my parents were there to take care of Dylan and Lydia so we could leave quickly for the hospital (which we need to do since my water broke – this happened around 9pm). Second, obviously the biggest blessing was that he was born alive and that we got to spend time with him. This may not have occurred if he had not been breech and if we had not being planning to do a c-section. Joshua’s heartbeat started to decrease while we were at the hospital and the c-section kept getting moved up to the point that at the end (after I had gotten the local anesthesia) it became an emergency c-section. It turns out the placenta had come detached (probably starting when my water broke) and I would have had to have had a c-section anyway – but, if we hadn’t started the c-section prep from the time I got to the hospital there may not have been enough to get him out. Third, because the doctor had to hurry up at the end, Joshua was born before midnight, which means his birthday was not the same day he died. This was something that had been a desire of mine which the Lord gave me out of His abundance. We were also richly blessed by our friends and pastor who came to the hospital and were praying in a room down the hall when Joshua was born and the nurses and doctors who cared and supported us in so many ways. The nurse who was my delivery nurse on Thursday night took care of me again on Saturday night and helped me write down some notes on the details of Joshua’s birth story so I wouldn’t forget. She filled in the story from her perspective and helped us see how amazing it was. Praise the Lord.
As one of my friends pointed out, I now have a November child (five years after I thought I would have one) and so my blog will again be appropriately named for when I use it to recall the "Sweet November" memories of our little boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment