The doctor checked my heart and said my heart was strong and healthy. She then asked me what's been going on in my life. Well.... After I told her about Joshua, she said that the stress and anxiety of losing him is probably causing the heart palpitations. She suggested that I talk to a licensed counselor. I have an appointment on Friday. She did some blood work just to make sure but that came back fine. So it's grief-related. I also just started a GriefShare support group at my church so hopefully these things will help keep the palpitations away. The doctor seemed to think I could get through this without medication. And so far so good as I haven't had any palpitations in about a week.
I finished my accounting class and got an A (barely). Yea!! I decided not to take another class over the summer because they only offer 8-week classes and that would be too condensed for me since I had a hard time keeping up with my 16-week class. I'll take another class in the fall. I have 8 that I have to take in total before I could sit for the CPA exam so it's going to take awhile.
Dylan is taking a swim class twice a week for 8 weeks and I have been swimming while he is in class. So I'm getting a little exercise. And I'm hoping to continue swimming when the pool opens in 3 weeks.
We're going to a memorial service on Saturday night for all the babies that passed away in my OB/GYN's practice. It's something really great that they do each year.
While my heart is strong and healthy, it's still healing.
No comments:
Post a Comment