Friday, June 28, 2013

37

AAAAH, it's my birthday again.  How did that happen?

37.  I'm still in my mid-thirties!  I don't feel too old until I see a new mom at the pool or something.  I shouldn't perceive my age relative to my children's but seeing them getting older and more independent makes me feel older.  It brings a little sadness not be in the baby season.  But the seasons are a-changing all around and I'm excited to me moving into the next season of my career and home life.  Martin and I did have the conversation about me quitting and he thinks it's best for our family too so I'm going to quit on September 6th.  I won't tell my boss until August so I guess it's not official yet but I'm feeling good about it and not too afraid of telling him.    

I'm learning that when you have kids, having a birthday on a Saturday (which, by the way, has not happened for me since right before Martin and I started dating) is not the greatest thing.  Dylan was invited to 3 birthday parties tomorrow.  We are only going to one - my nephew's.  I told my sister it was okay to have his party on my birthday because if she would have had it the week before we would have been on vacation and missed it and we said one of the best things about living close was getting to come to each others' kids' birthday parties.  So we are going to my sister's tomorrow, which is good, she has pool and my parents will be there and my brother and his girlfriend so it will be nice for me too.  My coworkers are taking me out for lunch today and Martin and the kids are taking me out for dinner tonight.  My parents were at my house yesterday and they bought me an ice cream cake so we had that after dinner last night.  I kinda did a lot of my birthday traditions in March because of sales and an expiration of a gift card I had for a massage.  Martin bought me a kindle fire then which is my birthday-anniversary-Christmas-valentines day gift-mother's day gift.  My parents got me a case for it which they gave me last night.   So just lots of family time this birthday which is nice. 

I stayed up late last night finishing my book club book so I hoping to sleep in tomorrow and go to bed early.  Maybe watch a movie with my hubby when we get home from my sister's.  Low key but relaxing this year.  I usually take my birthday off from work and have some me time but I feel like I've had enough of that for now - too much thinking lately about my work and plans for setting up a business.  Time to just enjoy the summertime.

No comments: