Friday, January 31, 2014

Lydia-isms

One reason for the blog is to remember fun things that the kids do.  I haven't kept up with that as well as I should and I use facebook for that too but since I'm on a break from facebook (so that I'm diligent about my studies) and we've had a couple good laughs over some things Lydia has said lately, I'm going to post them here now.

Two days ago I was taking Lydia to sign up for t-ball.  We're in the car and and out of the blue she says, "Mommy, I have a lot of dreams about being a super dog."  Where do you go with that?

Then today at dinner the kids were being kinda loud and Lydia starts yelling "Bock" really loudly.  She did that a couple times and then through the giggles she says "erupting chicken!"  Now you have to know that Lydia often likes to take jokes and substitutes different animals in the place of the ones in the jokes.  So we figured she meant interrupting chicken as in interrupting cow in the knock knock joke.  But erupting chicken was so much more appropriate.  You had to be there!

Yes there is a theme here with animals.  She loves stuff animals much more than dolls too.

There are other times when Lydia will just tell me something out of the blue that she likes, like "I like when Daddy uses his wrench" or "remember when we went to that park."

We have Lydia's last preschool parent-teacher conference on Monday.  Can't wait to hear what else her teacher tells us.  

No comments: