Big praise since last update - we received the results of the free cell genetic blood test - no chromosome problems and we're having a boy! We found out at my appointment on the 3rd. Dylan is very excited and after a few initial tears, Lydia is excited too. I was in an emotional stupor for a few days after getting the results because I was getting nervous about the results. We had the blood drawn on December 19th and even with the holidays I would have thought we would have heard something by then so I assumed that there was bad news and they wanted to tell us in person. Turns out the doctor hadn't gotten the test results in the mail so they called the company and had them faxed over while I got my exam. The doctor read the results to us in the hallway so I knew then it was good. But yeah, the normal oh my goodness something is wrong feeling that a lot of women get right before an appointment was super magnified for me at that appointment. After a day or so of emotional release I was able to thank God and start telling more people about the pregnancy. Since then we've told most people at our church and the kids' school. We'll probably put something in the church bulletin soon but we'll wait until after the ultrasound to do the facebook announcement. Next week I have a "practice" sonogram at Metro Women's Health - a pregnancy center that is just getting its ultrasound services up and running so I volunteered to be a guinea pig for the sonographer training. Then I have another appointment on the 29th.
My morning sickness has pretty much subsided as of this week but then I got really tired and then I got a cold. So just trying to rest (well, "trying" depends on what there is to do - laundry, then I rest well; out with friends, I don't do so well at trying, although I did skip a babysitting co-op meeting and bible study this week so mostly I'm resting well in the evenings - probably because I did a bad job of resting during the day). The time to rest has been good to get a head start on my classes that started this week. I know I won't be able to keep up for long. I'm going to have to spend most every second that the kids are both in school with my head in the book to keep up. So I probably won't be on FB much. Martin is still doing the cooking since I'm so sick and tired. Waiting for the second trimester energy boost to kick in.
While announcing that we are pregnant to folks at church I found out that there are 7 more women who are pregnant and due (I think) in June or July. Then there are another 3 I know at church who are due before that. Looks like another baby boom. I'm exciting to be pregnant with these women and to have children in the same class. Oh and one of our neighbors is pregnant and due in June with a girl.
Someone mentioned to me oh, it will be good to have a baby in the summer so you can get out of the house and take the baby for a stroll. I wonder what that will look like with Dylan and Lydia. Let me see....Dylan running up ahead around the corner so I can't see him and Lydia trying to climb on the stroller to get a ride. Time to think of ground rules.... maybe we'll stick to the parks and playgrounds instead of walking in the neighborhood unless Daddy is around. Our double stroller converts into a sit and stand so that may be the solution for Lydia but how do you solve a problem like the D-man? Regardless, getting exciting for the new adventure...just gotta get through all this school work!
No comments:
Post a Comment