Friday, March 30, 2007

Five Months Old

Today is Dylan's five month "birthday." Dylan is doing so well. He's really a good and happy kid these days. Although I did take him for his first "sick child" doctors visit last week. He had a running nose and seem to be batting at his ears so I took him in to make sure it wasn't an ear infection. He just had a cold but the doctor said it was good to bring him in since he could have had the same symptons and it could have been a double ear infection and RSV. But he was fine. And his cold cleared up in time for our trip to PA last weekend. My mom had a little post-baby baby shower for me. Apparently these things are called "sip and sees" in the south and I had heard of that from our friend Christine a few months ago so we went with it. It was a lot of fun. Dylan was so good an interactive with all the guests. Then as soon as they left he fell asleep on me while I was holding him. That's rare so he must have been exhausted.

I've been trying to get Dylan to sleep longer at night for about a week now. It's going okay. Some nights we put the pacifier back in around 2 or 3 when he wakes up and then he'll sleep another hour or two but I usually feed him then around 4 or 5. So he's going from 11pm to 4 or 5am. But he has seemed really hungry the last two days so when he woke up at 2 last night I fed him. So we're still trying (by feeding him more during the day and if he doesn't seem hungry to get him to go back to sleep when he wakes in the middle of the night) but I think its going to take longer than I thought.

My plan is to wait 4 more weeks (right before Dylan is 6 mos old) until starting solids. I might move that up by one week. My mom and sister will be in town then and if feeding Dylan more milk doesn't seem to help his recent hunger it would be good to start a little early.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, not even one hour ago, I was talking about sip and sees. I haven't thought about them in months. I was laughing with a couple of nonsoutherners who are amused by sip and sees too. I'm glad to know you had your first sip and see!!! -christine