Friday, March 02, 2007

No four month "birthday"

Since February only has 28 days and Dylan was born on the 30th, he didn't have a four-month "birthday." :) (Another reason that I'm glad Dylan wasn't born on the 31st - this would happen more often.) I guess we are kinda celebrating today. Today Dylan went to the doctors for his four-month check up and shots and today mommy and daddy are having pizza and ice cream for dinner. :)

Dylan got a great report from the doctor. The doctor said he's really "strong" and "alert" and can focus well and has really good head control. The doctor sounded impressed. He is doing all the developmental things that they check for at this age and the doctor even said he's probably going to be ahead of the game developmentally - mommy was really excited about this except when she realized that we're going to have to baby proof the house sooner. On the size stuff, he's a left-tailer (imagine a bell curve...). For height (24.25 inches) and head circumference (16cm) he's in the 25th percentile. For weight (12lbs), he's in the 5th percentile. He's pretty lean for his age. The doctor said it could be that since he's so active already that he's burning a lot of calories and that's why his weight is relatively low. I was a little concerned about his weight since the scale at the hospital last week had him weighing more but 1) I really don't trust the doctor's office scale and 2) the doctor didn't seem to think anything of it. I told him that I went back to work and he wasn't taking the bottles that well and that he even seemed less interested in eating for me. But like I said, he didn't think there was a problem. [Dylan did great on Thursday though - he finished all three of the bottles I left for him. It must have been since we had our whole Bible Study group praying for him!]

Dylan also got his shots. He did a lot better this time than last time. He was even smiling before we left the doctors' office. [Again, thanks to our home fellowship group for praying!]

I got Dylan to roll over for the camera (we have 30 sec video on our digital camera). Now I just need to figure out how to upload it. Dylan also rolled from his back to his side today. So soon he'll be rolling from back to tummy and should also be sitting up soon.

I think we're actually going to get around to putting Dylan's crib together this weekend so I'll post some pics when we're done.

No comments: