I can't believe my little baby boy is 2 today! We told Dylan "Happy Birthday" when he woke up this morning and he started looking for the candles (and the dump truck - we had a dump truck cake for him at his party on Saturday, see below). I think that's all he gets as far as what a birthday means right now. He got a singing card from my parents that has candles on it which reinforces that concept. We gave him some of his presents this morning from Grandma and Grandpa and Uncle Mark. He got a Thomas sticker activity set that he loved and wouldn't let go of. We also told Dylan about the day he was born. Mommy notes that it was much lighter in the morning (I think we had already turned the clocks back at that point that year) and it was much warmer (it was 34 this morning when we left the house!). Tonight we are taking Dylan out to dinner at IHOP. That will be lots of fun. I won't be able to upload any pictures today but there are some good ones coming.
Since Dylan is learning a lot of words by repeating, I think he likes to repeat the last word we say a lot. So when we say Happy Birthday he says Birthday and then there's a pause and he says Happy too. Sometimes he puts it all together and says "Hap-pi-dy."
Dylan's party was awesome! We were going to have it outside but it rained so we had about 30 people in our little place but it was fine. It kept all the kids contained. We played a game where the kids put their hands in paper bags and had to guess what was in the bag just by feeling. All the kids wanted to peek but I think they had fun with it. We also had a dump truck filled with brownies as the cake. After singing, we dumped the brownies on a table cloth on the floor and let the kids go at the brownies. We had about twelve kids and their parents: Oliver, Richie, Jamie, Charlie, William, Anna, Ellie, Abigail, Aiden, Hamza, and Blawal. The balloons were also a big hit with the kids. The adults enjoyed the BBQ and hanging out with other parents.
1 comment:
Birthday Happy, little Dylan!!
Post a Comment