Tuesday, November 13, 2007
How I spent my government holiday
Yesterday I had a day off of work. Yes, from the two hours of work that I normally have to do on a Monday. You wouldn't think it makes that much of a difference but it does. Martin ended up staying home because he was sick so I was able to go out for lunch with a gal I know from volunteering with STEP. I was also able to check off a big project off of my to do list - clean the most disgusting part of our house - our shower curtain. The dish detergent worked great, by the way Catherine. The shower curtain was so dirty, I'm almost ashamed to tell anyone about it. The black mildew looked like sewage as I was scrubbing it off. Thankfully it didn't smell as bad as sewage. However for me the satisfaction of having it done was very much worth the effort. I'm still thinking aah, clean shower curtain. Anyone else have any disgusting cleaning jobs on their to do list? Or have you recently done anything that was hard but the satisfaction greatly outweighed the difficulty?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Don't be embarrassed. It will be easier if you just toss it in the washing machine with some bleach in your bleach dispenser and regular clothes detergent. Don't put it in the dryer, just hang it back up, good as new! That's what I do. It helps that it's easy so I do it more frequently and avoid the mold problem.
But I do use dish soap to scrub out the tub itself, isn't it amazing how well it works?
Post a Comment