Here are some developmental things I'm noticed going on with Dylan lately:
He knows which pieces goes with which toys. It used to be that he would pick up a ring and a cup and bang them together. Now he picks up two rings or two cups. He searches around the sea of toys in our living room until he finds matching toys. He doesn't sort by colors yet but we're working on that.
Dylan is learning how to climb. When I open the refridgerator, he climbs up the shelves before I can even get out what I needed. Dylan has also learned that he if puts a toy or something that's at least 2 inches off the ground near the coffee table he can stand on it and climb onto the coffee table. Once on the coffee table he tries to bounce up and down on it. Actually he will climb onto anything that gets him even an inch higher than the ground - I think that's why he likes the scale in the bathroom. The scariest thing though was the other day when I was working on the computer across the room, Dylan pulled his booster seat off the chair in the dining room, stepped on the booster seat and then onto the chair. When I turned around he was standing on the chair, grabbing a lamp behind the chair. I hear this is a boy thing...
Also, Dylan has really good balance. He has a little rocking chair (it used to be his bouncy seat, it converts into a toddler chair) and he climbs up on it and stands and bounces and doesn't fall. (We are working on training him to sit in the chair and not stand on it.) Also, my mom was really amazed at how Dylan squats to pick up toys and can stay down a really long time without falling.
No comments:
Post a Comment