Wednesday, December 24, 2008

A whole new world begins today

No, I haven't given up on the blog and no I haven't had the baby yet. I just got really busy with preparing for Christmas. We also went to NC to see Martin's brother and his family. It's been a fun month but I do miss the blogging.

Today is my last day in the office before my maternity leave. I feel like things are going to be so different when I return. Not only will I for the first time in my career not see a picture of W when I walk into the building in the morning, but also my work content will probably be a lot different. What I'm working on now, which is something I've worked on, on and off, since I started in June, will wrap up next month (presumably) and in this environment things come up and priorites change so quickly that I can't imagine what I'll even be doing when I return to work in April!

My other thought for the day is about how I'm mentally preparing for our little girl's birth. I'm remembering how things went with Dylan and so in some ways I'm feeling more prepared (like, okay, remember this is what happened at the hospital the day after Dylan was born and then remember how we have to go to the pediatrician and oh, then there's the support group I can go to). I have a mental picture of what the places look like and that's somewhat comforting. But of course there are so many unknowns that challenge me to trust God - how labor will go, making sure Dylan is okay, life with two kids, what the baby will be like (temperment, eating and sleeping challenges), timing of her birth, which doctor will deliver her, etc. It's really hard to prepare for a big life change other than telling yourself, within the next x weeks my life is going to be completely different. It's hard to believe. Although being in town for Christmas is change for us so I feel like the new territory/phase starts today. And I'm excited. I couldn't fall back to sleep this morning after my 4am bathroom run.

I hope you all have a great Christmas! I plan on updating more soon!

No comments: