Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Coreal Abrasion

Last Tuesday night Dylan accidentally hit me in the eye with a piece of something in between poster board and cardboard. I waited until the next day to go to the doctor since it didn't get better overnight and found out that I had a "large corneal abrasion." Normally the doctor would prescribe percocet but since I'm pregnant I got to take Tylenol. At least my OB said extra strength Tylenol was okay. So I was in a lot of pain on Wednesday and Thursday and missed work. I went to the opthamologist on Friday and he said that 35 percent of my cornia was scratched. I felt a lot better that day and every day since and my vision is getting better and better (I could always see, it would just hurt to open my eyes for periods of time or to read for a long time). The neat thing that I praise God for is that corneal abrasions heal a lot faster (48 hours) than other scratches to say your skin. It's pretty amazing how God made that work, especially since there's not much you can do with an injured eye (couldn't read, watch movies, etc.) Our eyes are pretty important and God must think so too for them to be able to be healed that quickly. And the spiritual lesson for me out of all this was that I need to stop thinking about my to do list and think about ways to love those around me instead. Since I only had my thoughts (and my phone) for those two days (Dylan still went to daycare since I couldn't take care of him) and I couldn't do anything on my to do list, I thought about my thoughts and how I should be using them to glorify God.

1 comment:

Nancy said...

Sounds horrible! I'm glad it's getting better so quickly. God sure knows what he's doing!