Martin and I frequently comment on how Dylan just cracks us up sometime. I've been making a mental list of some of the fun things and now I'm going to blog about them, for as much your enjoyment (I hope) as my recordkeeping.
"Richie's Car" - Dylan hung out with his friend Richie one day (back when Bushra broke her leg) and rode in his (mom's) car, a maroon Toyota Prius. A few days later, we are walking out to our car and Dylan sees a silver Prius on the other side of our parking lot and says "Richie's Car." And now anytime we see a Prius on the road he says "Richie's Car." How he distinguishes the cars, I don't know. Sure the back of a Prius is distinctive but not so much that you would expect a two-year old to notice. I think he's going to be one of those 5 year olds that can tell you every make and model of every car that passes.
"Happy Tow Whoa" - translation, Happy Birthday to You. Dylan says this anytime he sees candles now or when he gets out the singing birthday card that my parents sent him.
"Watch....Bittus" - translation, "Can I watch Thomas videos?" Dylan can't say Thomas so he says Bit-tus. For a while Bit-tus, or bitten, or some variation was Dylan's word for many things he couldn't say like strawberry and Mater (from Cars). Dylan has also said "watch...starship" since he watched an episode of Star trek with daddy once.
"Picture...Anna" - translation, "Can I look at the pictures of me and Anna from Kings Dominion?" I'll have to post some of these later - this was from Martin's work picnic - Anna and her parents go to church with us and Anna's daddy also works for Booz. Watching Thomas and looking at these pictures are the things that Dylan seems to always want to do while we are at home these days, while Mommy wants to limit "media" time (computer, tv, etc.). I'm going to have to print out the pictures of Dylan and Anna for him.
"Bye Bye Ader" - translation, "Bye Bye, see you later." It took me a while to get this one. I thought he was trying to say Bye bye Heather but then we figured out he was saying "later."
"God Made You" not to be confused with "How old are you?" - We started Dylan's formal systmatic theological training recently (ha ha) with the first three catechism questions from the Children's Catechism. The first question is "Who made you?" and the answer is "God." Dylan often responds "God made you." And then separately we also tried to teach Dylan to answer the question "How old are you?" with "Two." So when we ask him "how old are you?" he responds with "God made you." Maybe he doesn't listen to the whole question and only hears the "you?"
{Side note for those who may be unfamiliar with having children memorize a catechism: we obviously don't think that Dylan will understand much of these concepts now but we have heard from folks who were "catechized" has kids that the things you memorize when you are young when you can memorize things more easily stay with you for a long time and you can recall them later in life to help you then.}
"Jellyfish" - translation, peanut butter and jelly sandwich.
No comments:
Post a Comment